Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Did you bonk your head?

So now that I get to be a stay-at-home mom again, I realize how much I really do love being at home with babyla. It seems like whenever something we love is taken away from us, that's when we realize just how precious that things was and maybe how much we took it for granted. Not that I didn't know I loved being at home with babyla--I did. The weeks leading up to student teaching were difficult as I dreaded leaving her. Now I'm home, and I cherish the time even more. Fortunately, when I was gone my mother was able to watch babyla, so she always had someone who loved her with her.

Ok, enough warm fuzzies. This morning, babyla and I went outside. I had to weed in the garden and she was going to help me/play/slow me down. Yesterday I had noticed in one of our hanging pots a nest inside. Today when we went out, I saw a bird in it! She was hunkered down in it, watching us. Shortly after, the daddy bird came and perched on the pot, wacthing us. I pointed out to babyla that it was the daddy bird, and the mommy bird was inside with eggs (hopefully!). A few minutes later, the daddy bird flew away, and babyla asked where it was going. I replied, "probably to go get food." Babyla asked rather excitedly, "Oh, is he going to get pizza?" Sigh. Maybe we need to have some nature discussions. Cuz when I said, "no, probably worms", she looked kinda grossed out.

Here's the kicker. Or rather, the bonker, as babyla likes to say. In the garden, I was weeding and babyla was with me. I stood up with some weeds in my hand, and just as I stood up, I felt something hot my head. I ducked then looked up, to see a bird landing on the play set by us. Yes, a bird. Ran into my head. Let me repeat that--A BIRD RAN INTO MY HEAD. You don't see that everyday.

2 comments:

Katie said...

hi amanda - i'm josh's cousin joey's wife katie. we are coming to TN this in a couple days so hopefully i'll meet you. i liked reading your blog.

kate said...

good to see you blogging again, yay! hope i get to meet you soon too.

:)kate hale wilson
josh's cousin