Thursday, August 9, 2007

My baby speakin' in tongues

So I'm attempting to teach my daughter French. She's 3, so I don't think it's too late. I should have been teaching it to her before now. I can't speak in French to her all the time because no one around me speaks it, so I do the best I can. So now, my daughter will start talking jibberish. It'll sound something like this: "noons cekee ke noons and bon nwee and noons cekee..." it goes on and on. Sometimes I think there may be some French word somewhere in there, but I have no idea what "noons" is. She says it the most in her rambles. So I guess it's cute. I mean, everything she does is cute, right?

Demain soir quelques de mes amis et moi vont avoir une soiree francaise. alors, les amis de moi qui parlent francais. on va manger des baguettes et fromage et nutella et choses comme ca. puis on va jouer petanque et puis regarder le (la?) dessein Asterix contre Cesar. Ca sera une bonne fete, oui? c'est une bonne chance parler francais, dont j'ai pas la chance tres souvent. C'est vachement cool!

1 comment:

Christina MC said...

So my french vocabulary is almost all but gone because I never got a chance to keep up my skills BUT I totally got the concept of what you said about the party and what you ate, watched and played. Yeah!