Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Babyla is going through this phase where she's afraid of everything. Mostly the vents in our house. That first started when we had them cleaned months ago. It was all very loud, and I guess she realized they existed then. But she's still scared of them! Now she's also scared of the dark, animals, people she doesn't know, people she does know, etc. etc. etc. I can tell her scared attack is coming on when she gets quiet and still. Sometimes she'll whimper to herself. Then, if I can't talk her down, she starts the tantrum. This only started about a week ago! I read in my "What to Expect the Toddler Years" that this is normal for her age, but sheesh! I guess just something else to get through. That and I decided to learn Spanish. BF speaks Spanish cuz he served his mission there, and I think it would be helpful to learn. So I bought a textbook and I'm teaching myself. Not so bad since I know French. I can now say "Soy de los estados unidos" and "mi novio es simpatico and divertido." Basically I know pronouns, the verb ser, and pronunciation. Yay for me! maybe I'll end up tri-lingual. Then maybe I can invent my own language like Tolkien and be one of those totally hip nerdy geeks. Narf.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I love that you ended the blog - Narf! That makes it, officially, the best blog ever.